COME AND TRY DRAGON BOATING – IT’S FREE!
Dragon boating is arguably one of the best team sports!
You may have heard about dragon boating – or even seen the long boats out on our local waters. Perhaps you spotted them during their our appearance on Australia Day. So why don’t you go and give paddling a go?
It’s the best fitness you can get sitting down – and it is done all year!
Flamin’ Dragons Port Macquarie will be having their annual ‘Come and Try’ Day on Saturday, February 1, from 9am at Westport Marina.
Be prepared to come and enjoy the natural beauty of our region with some fun and fitness thrown in. You might get to see dolphins and other aquatic life, meet friendly new people and enjoy working together as a team.
We also have specific Come & Try sessions on Tuesday and Saturday mornings for you.
- Times: Tuesdays at 6.30am finishing approx. at 8 or Saturday 7am for 7.30 finishing approx. by 9am, And Sunday 9am.
- Location: Port Macquarie Marina Park St (you will see a large group of people hanging around in the car park) and there is a map below
- What to bring: Wear clothes and closed-in shoes that you are OK with getting wet (not thongs), bring water and please wear a hat and sunscreen
- What to do when you arrive: grab anyone you see with a Flamin’ Dragons shirt on and let them know you are new and they will introduce you to our coaches
- Do you need to be fit? No you don’t have to be fit, just need to be able to have fun. We encourage you to ‘pull your paddle’ when you feel uncomfortable.
- Do you need to be able to swim? No you don’t have to be able to swim, but for your initial sessions, you will be fitted with a PFD – portable flotation device
- Duration: Sessions run for 1 hour.
Bookings are essential as we have to prepare the right number of boats. Its very easy to book – simply book in by clicking on your preferred session below.
Please come promptly so we can get you to complete the insurance waiver, explain some safety rules and give you a basic overview of the correct technique.
The Flamin Dragon’s club encourages both social and competitive paddling at many levels and you can try it out for three sessions before joining. Club paddles and PFDs (personal flotation devices) are provided for ‘newbies’.
We are looking forward to meeting you and introducing you to this amazing sport.
Port Macquarie Flamin Dragons Come & Try Events